Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Monticelloman Olympic Triathlon: Race Predictions

The Monticelloman Olympic Triathlon is tomorrow, and I have a few simple goals:

  1. Don't go too hard on the swim
  2. Don't go too hard on the run
  3. Don't go hard until the last 5K of the run

This race is only a stepping stone to longer races, and to have fun. I want to finish feeling strong instead of using up too much of my energy on one of the first two legs of the race. 

Having said that, I do have a goal time in mind: under 3 hours. That kind of race would look something like this:

Swim: 30 minutes (2:00/100m pace)
Bike: 1 hour 21 minutes (3:23/mile pace)
Run: 1 hour 2 minutes (10:00/mile pace)
Transitions: 7 minutes 
Total: 3 hours

Anything in that ballpark and I'll be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment