Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ironman Training: Week 13


Solid week of workouts. The days are finally long enough that I can get a good bike ride in after work, which means doing more bricks too. I'm very pleased to see my overall bike time steadily increasing. My ankle is still not 100%, but I'm hopeful it's getting better. Here's how my schedule looks (in glorious picture form!):

Click for a full-sized view


2/04: I was still a bit full/hungover from the Superbowl, so I skipped my morning swim. I jumped on the bike for 10 miles in the afternoon before lifting weights (Deadlift: 3x5x175, Incline Press: 3x12x85, Pull-ups: 3 sets, 27 total).

2/05: Ran 5 miles. This was my first run in almost two weeks, and I felt pretty good, though the next day my ankle was a bit sore.

2/06: Swam 2400m in the morning (400m warm-up, then 2000m long in 40:38). Weight lifting in the afternoon (Deadlift: 3x5x195, Bench 3x12x120, Pull-ups: 3 sets, 27 total).

2/07: First brick in a long time: biked 10 miles, followed by a 4.5 mile run. The run was only supposed to be a 5K, but I saw my wife near the end and decided to jog with her for a bit. This was a great brick, and I felt fantastic the entire time.

2/08: 2000m swimming in the morning (400m warm-up, then 8x200m). Arms were VERY sore throughout the workout, probably from all the weight-lifting I've been doing.

2/0944 mile long bike ride. The temperature wasn't bad, but the wind was brutal. There were several times when it felt like I was pedaling but not moving at all. After the first two laps I felt unusually tired, but it never got to the point of exhaustion and I felt good the rest of the way. I'm trying eating solid food (a cliff bar) on my long rides to see how my stomach handles it compared to gels, and so far I like how it's going. Next week when I attempt 50 miles I'll push the limits and eat more.

2/10: I was originally planning on 6+ miles for this run, but my ankle wasn't feeling too hot so I stopped early to be safe. 3.11 miles overall. It didn't help that it was too hot for a jacket, but too windy to go jacketless.


Weekly Totals:

Swim: 4400 meters (1 hour 57 minutes)
Bike: 64.79 miles (3 hours 58 minutes)
Run: 12.66 miles (2 hours, 7 minutes)
Strength: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total: 9 hours 31 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment