Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Putting Things in Perspective

On Tuesday morning my mother-in-law, Cindy, passed away after a 6-year battle with cancer.


Training for Ironman has taken a lot of my focus for the last two months, and sometimes it's good to remember that in the grand scheme of things it's not that important. Whenever my training schedule changed due to rain or something else out of my control I would get frustrated, but after Tuesday it all left my head without a second thought. Ironman training is a nice distraction from life, but it's not life.

I did an easy 10.36 mile bike ride on Monday, and ran with my wife for a few miles on Wednesday. We have the RockNRoll Half Marathon on Sunday, and since I have my sprint triathlon the following weekend I'll be taking it easy and running with my wife during the race on Sunday.

In honor of her mother, and to raise money for cancer research, my wife is running in 12 half marathons in 12 months. Please visit www.StillEasierThanChemo.com and support her during her quest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment