Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

February Training Review

February was a short month, but packed with training. Here's how my workout spreadsheet looks at the end of it (with daily/weekly bodyweight measurements on the right side). Click the pictures to enlarge them.




Some of the highlights:

SWIMMING


  • 23,500 meters total (14.6 miles)
  • 9 hours, 15 minutes over 9 workouts
  • 5,358 calories burned
  • Second-highest month of swimming volume (July 2012 was 15.8 miles)

BIKING


  • 257 miles total
  • 15 hours, 30 minutes over 13 workouts
  • 11,631 calories burned
  • Highest month of cycling volume (previous most was 217 miles in July 2012)

RUNNING



  • 38.5 miles total
  • 6 hours, 14 minutes over 10 workouts
  • 5,488 calories burned
  • Second-lowest month of running volume (August 2012 was only 33.7 miles)

TOTALS


Purple = swimming, Green = biking, Red = running

  • 5 weight-lifting workouts (3 hours, 30 minutes)
  • 34 hours, 29 minutes over 37 workouts 
  • 22,477 calories burned (not including weight-lifting)
  • Second-highest month of total volume (July 2012 was 35 hours, 47 minutes total)
  • Workouts on 25 of 28 days (3 full rest days)
  • 12 days with multiple workouts
  • 7 bike-to-run brick workouts
  • Weight change from 192.7 lbs to 193.6 (+0.9 lbs)

Noteworthy accomplishments:
  • Swam 3800 meters continuous (the Ironman distance)
  • Incorporated bike-to-run workouts back into my schedule

My goals for march are mostly cycling-related. I want to bike at least 400 miles total, which is doable since my current schedule has 457 miles planned. I want to bike a metric century (100 kilometers, or 62 miles) in one of my long rides; based on my schedule my long rides will be 50, 20, 56, 62, and 70 this month. I also want to incorporate more tempo rides and intervals into my bike workouts. 

Aside from that I hope to keep my ankles healthy while running, and to begin two-a-day swim workouts on Mondays and Wednesdays. I've made huge improvements in swimming over the last 4 months, but sometimes it's difficult to wake up at 4:00am and I miss a workout. Hitting up the gym to swim after work twice a week should help keep my volume up. I want to pop out of the water with plenty of energy in the Monticelloman Olympic Triathlon in 9 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment