Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ironman Training: Week 16


Yet another week where things don't go perfectly. There was terrible rain on Monday and Tuesday, so I did some weight-lifting Monday night. Then I was sick on Friday and Saturday, though I finally managed to get my long bike ride in on Sunday. I didn't do much swimming or running, but this was the second-most biking I have done in a week (I biked 92.5 miles in mid Oct).


Click to enlarge.



2/25: Weight-lifting (Incline Press: 3x12x95, and then a set of 6 pull-ups). I was going to do squats and/or deadlifts too, but my lower back was a bit tired so I skipped them.

2/26: Rest day

2/27: 2700m swimming in the morning (400m warm-up, then 2300m long swim in 47:45). 20 miles of biking in the afternoon with lots of wind.

2/28: 10.57 mile bike, following by a 3.11 mile run. Ankles were pretty sore on the run, and afterwards I was EXHAUSTED. This workout pushed me over the edge from "almost sick" to "definitely sick".

3/01: Rest day, sick.

3/02: Rest day, sick.

3/03: 49.43 mile bike ride. My phone's GPS kept messing up during this ride so I had to estimate how much 50 miles was, and sadly I fell a bit short, but that's close enough for me. Tons of wind (again), but it was a good ride overall. When I hopped off the bike my quads were cramping, so I did some stretching before following it up with a 3.11 mile run. The run was awful: I felt okay for the first mile, but after that my ankles were way too sore. I actually hopped off the road and ran on the grass for most of it. I need to work on stretching my ankles out at the end of my bike rides so they're loose enough to run on, or stretch a bit during transition.


Weekly Totals:

Swim: 2700 meters (1 hour 7 minutes)
Bike: 80.38 miles (4 hours 55 minutes)
Run: 6.22 miles (1 hour 2 minutes)
Strength: 30 minutes
Total: 7 hours 34 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment