Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Ironman Training: Week 22


My health is back and I'm ready to rock. Feeling super motivated and energetic all week.

Click to enlarge.


4/08: An easy mile of swimming: 400m warm-up, then 6x200. Got my cortisone shot afterwards.

4/09: 10 miles biking. Knee still a bit tender because of the cortisone shot, but good overall.

4/10: 2500m swimming in my wetsuit: 400m warm-up, 1500 long (in 27:55), then 6x100 cool-down. My olympic distance time is looking good. Another 10 miles biking in the afternoon, with lots of wind.

4/11Ran a 5K. First run in 3 weeks, and it was AWFUL. Hot, humid, and lots of pollen. I felt like I couldn't get a deep breath, and my legs were achy. Gotta shake the rust off.

4/12: It was a beautiful day so after work I took the bike up to Yorktown for 19 miles. I seem to enjoy biking on hills more than flat land. Knee had a tiny bit of pain around mile 14, but was fine.

4/13: Rest day

4/14: Brick! 16.69 mile bike ride, followed by a 5K run. My knee feels best while climbing, so I figured maybe it's not getting fully extended while I'm seated. I raised the seat 2-3mm, and I think it really helped. I only did 5 laps in the neighborhood instead of 6 because I really had to pee, but it was still a great ride. The run was also good, much better than earlier in the week.


Weekly Totals:

Swim: 4100 meters (1 hour 32 minutes)
Bike: 55.82 miles (3 hours 25 minutes)
Run: 6.23 miles (1 hour 2 minutes)
Strength: 0 minutes
Total: 5 hours 59 minutes

Monticelloman is 3 weeks away, and I definitely think I'll be ready. I'll be increasing my volume into the 10-12 hour range in the next two weeks before tapering. Being forced to take a month off really made me appreciate being healthy enough to train!

No comments:

Post a Comment