Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Past the Point of No Return

At 1:00pm on Sunday I sat at my desk nervously hitting F5 (refresh) over and over on the Ironman Florida registration page. Registration opened, and five minutes later:


It's official: I'm registered for Ironman Florida 2013! And apparently sitting at the computer constantly refreshing the page was not unreasonable, because the registration sold-out in less than a minute. Hopefully this is a sign that they need to add more races on the east coast.

Tapering is going well. On Monday I biked 6.78 miles in the neighborhood, stopping only because it was too dark to continue. I did some weight lifting after that to make up for it:

  • Bench Press: 3x12x95
  • Curls: 3x14x20
  • Pull-ups: 15 (over 3 sets)

Wednesday I ran a short run 5K, and didn't feel good at all. I wanted to start out slowly but the first mile ended up being too fast (9:16), so maybe the lack of proper warm-up did it. 

Stay tuned for my "race predictions" post tomorrow!

1 comment: