Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Ironman Training: Week 9


This week was a bit lazy, for a couple of reasons. First of all, A Memory Of Light came out, the 14th and final book in the Wheel of Time series. This kept me occupied for the majority of my free time this week, and it took me 6 days to read all 915 pages. Second, my left ankle has been bothering me. I tested it during a short run on Tuesday, but decided to skip the rest of my week's runs to be safe, since the Charleston half marathon is next week.

Monday: Swam 2400m (400m warm-up, then 10x200)

Tuesday: Ran an easy 3.15 miles

Wednesday: Swam 2200m (400m warm-up, 1000 long, then 8x100 sprints). It felt good to do some fast 100m sets; my quickest one was 1:37. I also practiced some flip-turns.

Thursday: Nothing.

Friday: Nothing.

Saturday40.53 mile bike ride. This was a great ride, and I was able to keep my heart rate under control for most of it. The last 9 mile loop was tough, but I felt energetic up to that point. My legs cramped up pretty bad when I got home though. I need to be better about stretching immediately after a run/ride.

Sunday: Nothing.

Weekly Totals:

Swim: 4600m (2 hours, 1 minute)
Bike: 40.53 miles (2 hours, 31 minutes)
Run: 3.15 miles (31 minutes)
Strength: None
Total: 5 hours, 3 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment