Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rounding Out The Year

The Holidays, along with some illness, have sidelined me a bit. Here's how the last few weeks have been.

Ironman Training Week 5 (Dec 10-16): I was sick this week, so I didn't do very much. I ran 3.11 miles once I felt better, and after several days of inactivity my body wanted to go fast. I flew to Dallas to see my family, and ended the week with a 6.22 mile run. Dallas is dry! 1.5 hours of total exercise this week.

Ironman Training Week 6 (Dec 17-23): 10 mile run on Tuesday, another 10 miler on Thursday (alternating fast miles and slow miles), and a 13.1 mile run to end the week. My left achilles tendon was a bit sore after the Thursday run, and was even worse during the half-marathon. 5.5 hours of total exercise this week.

Ironman Training Week 7 (Dec 24-30): I was severely lazy this week. Skipped a run I had planned for Christmas day, then swam 1.5 miles on Wednesday morning. I did nothing Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Bre was still in Richmond and I just didn't have the motivation to go out into the cold/rainy weather. Sunday I mustered up the energy to go for a long bike ride, 29 miles in 40 degree weather and 25+ mph wind gusts. From the start my heart rate was too high, and riding slowly wouldn't make it go down much. It was good to get back out on the bike though, and by the end my legs felt like lead. 3 hours of total exercise this week.

Here are my totals for the year (though I've only been biking/swimming since June):

Swimming: 82200 meters (51 miles), 36 hours and 07 minutes
Biking: 1000 miles, 59 hours and 04 minutes
Running: 815 miles, 138 hours and 17 minutes

I'm pleased with the running, since it's my first full-year of running consistently. The swimming has been good too, and I'm seeing some big gains in the pool. Biking is where I need to make my biggest improvement. When the weather improves, and the days are longer, I need to put in some serious time on my bike.

I have some new thoughts on training, and I'll post some goals for 2013 after nailing down my schedule. Happy New Year, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment