Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

6/27 Workout

Yesterday after work:

Bike: 9.48 miles
Bench Press: 3x5x195
Pull-ups: 8, 8, 8

Biking felt good, and the weather was comfortable. Weight training was difficult, and I did 3, 2, and 3 reps in my working sets. I felt fatigued all day, and realized that I have exercised in 17 of the last 18 days, and 23 of the last 25. In that time:

9 days with more than one cardio activity (running, biking or swimming)
7 days weight-lifting
4 days with both weight-lifting and cardio
3 days with one cardio activity

A lot of this has to do with the two new activities, biking and swimming, which my body still needs to get used to. For example, I've biked in 6 of the last 11 days. With all of this in mind I'm taking a rest day today to let myself catch up. It's taking a little bit of willpower since I want to get out there on the bike, but I know it's for the best with a long ride coming up on Saturday in 100 degree weather. My planned long run for Sunday might also get cut back a bit since it will also be 100+ with humidity.

I'm going to be posting my dietary information on here as well, more for myself to keep track of how my workouts are in relation to what I've eaten recently. With that in mind, my meals for yesterday:

Lunch
-Leftover whole grain pasta
-2 slices of whole grain bread
-4 cups of milk

Dinner
-Chicken fried rice with scrambled eggs mixed in
-4 cups of chocolate milk
-Protein shake with creatine

Other
-Protein shake (pre-lifts)
-Cupcake (snack at work)

No comments:

Post a Comment