Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Slow Recovery Rides: Now Without the "Slow"

On Mondays I typically do a slow bike ride to recover from the weekend. I keep an eye only on my heart rate, making sure it stays below 150, which usually means an average speed between 16-17 mph. Not very fast, but that's what a recovery ride is supposed to be like.

Well since getting my new tri bike, "slow" isn't in my vocabulary. I did a 20 mile recovery ride yesterday, averaging 18.22 mph while keeping my heart rate at 148. Not only that, but most of my mile splits were incredibly consistent: all but a few were between 3:07 - 3:19 (the outliers were due to hitting stop lights). 



I haven't had a chance to do a proper speed test on the bike, and won't get the opportunity for at least a week, but boy am I anxious to now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment