Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Swim all the things

My Thursday lunch:



Two peanut butter sandwiches, and 6 pieces of buttered toast. OM NOM NOM.

Second day swimming with the new routine. Same as Tuesday:

  • 500m warm-up (4x25, 2x50, 2x75, 2x50, 2x25)
  • 1500m main workout: 4x100, 12x50, 20x25

The first 100m set hurt, but by the fourth one I felt pretty good. I really struggled with my leg kick form for most of the day, but sometime during the 25m sets I think I figured it out. I remembered what I read from one training website: "Picture yourself in a narrow cylinder, and move as if you have to keep your arms/legs in that cylinder". Once I focused on that it became easier to do the two-beat kick, and I felt much better about myself by the end.

I also used my polar HRM watch while swimming; even though I can't use the heart rate chest strap, the watch is still waterproof. My typical times:

100m: 1:50
50m: 0:50
25m: 0:25

I was glad that my 50m and 25m times are the same pace, it shows that I'm not going too fast. I pushed myself on the last few 25m sets, and my fastest was 0:22. 

Thursday Lunch:
-2 peanut butter sandwiches
-6 pieces of buttered toast
-2 glasses of milk

Thursday Dinner:
-Grilled chicken with BBQ sauce
-Colby jack cheese
-2 glasses of milk
-1 protein shake with creatine
-Small piece of chocolate cake

No comments:

Post a Comment