Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend!

Lifts from Friday:

Press: 3x5x125
Incline: 3x5x160
Rows: 3x12x145

Started the press off at 135, and got all 5 reps, but pulled something in my neck/shoulder so I lowered the weight a bit. It hurt for the rest of the day but is fine now. 

Friday lunch:
-Leftover chicken fried rice
-Two protein shakes, one with creatine
-Can of mountain dew
-4 pieces of bread

Friday dinner:
-6 large slices of pizza
-4 glasses of beer
-Sweet frogs frozen yogurt

Woke up early Saturday and went for my long bike ride at the battlefield trail, but it was a pretty poor ride for a lot of reasons. First of all, the gears were still grinding despite my tweaks. Apparently they don't grind when I spin them in the garage, but do when there's weight on the bike. Secondly, there were lots of limbs/twigs on the path because of a storm we had Friday night, so it was like biking in an obstacle course. And third: there are two big hills to bike down on that path, and at the bottom of each of them was a fallen tree blocking the path. So both times I had to stop, walk my bike around it, and then start again, killing my momentum. I'm shocked I still managed an average speed close to 15 mph. I ended up with ~13 miles because I didn't want to do the whole loop a second time. 

Went swimming after that, and had a lot of exhaustion in my arms/shoulders from the workout the day before. I did 50m freestyle drills with 30 seconds rest in between, and by the end of it my arms were extremely sore. Watching some of the other swimmers, I could tell that my form needs a lot of work. 

Saturday breakfast:
-6 pieces of buttered toast
-2 pieces of peanut butter toast
-2 glasses of milk
-1 glass of gatorade

Saturday lunch
-Firehouse beef brisket sub
-Lots of soda

Saturday dinner:
-Eggplant curry
-Brown rice
-Protein shake with creatine

It was still storming Sunday morning so I didn't go running. Spent most of the day doing chores and being lazy, until I went biking after dinner. I tinkered with the front derailleur some more and it looks like I've solved the problem, as the ride was very smooth. And I'm very pleased with my average speed (16.78), though it helps that the loop around my neighborhood is relatively flat. Biking is such a wonderful alternative to running when the temperature is in the 90s. 

Sunday breakfast:
-2 cups of coffee
-4 pieces of french toast
-2 glasses of milk

Sunday lunch:
-5 scrambled eggs
-1 glass of green juice

Sunday dinner:
-24 boneless wings (BWW) with celery and ranch dressing
-2 glasses of milk
-4 glasses of green juice (after biking)
-Protein shake with creatine (after biking)

Since Independence Day is this week I'm switching my routine up a bit: skipping my Monday lifts and going for a swim/run instead. I'll figure out the rest of the week as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment