Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Swimming: Week 3

It POURED all afternoon on Tuesday, so I pushed all my workouts back a day. Wednesday was beautiful and I went to the pool for my first Week 3 workout:

-500m warm-up (4x25, 2x50, 2x75, 2x50, 2x25)
-300m long
-6x100
-10x50
-20x25

Having three rest days in between swims made a huge difference, and I felt pretty energized for most of the swim. The 300m long swim was a bit tough, but I fell into a nice groove about halfway through. The first two 100m sets were a breeze. It's obvious that my endurance is improving. My right shoulder (which was sore last week) started hurting a bit during the 25m sets, but it wasn't horrible. 

I found a recipe that claims to be what Chic Fil A uses for their sandwiches, so I grilled up 8 lbs of chicken breasts in that style for dinner. It wasn't identical, but it was pretty close! Especially since I used olive oil instead of peanut oil. You can find the recipe and instructions here

While the weather was beautiful on Wednesday, it was NOT on Thursday. Heat index of 108, air like steam. I mowed the lawn first-thing after work before going out to run intervals:


Look at the pretty speed interval peaks!

5 intervals, 1:00 each. After the second interval it became difficult to keep my heart rate down, and even when I slowed down it stayed in the high 170s. My face was beet red for two hours after I finished. Mowing the lawn prior to running was a bad idea, as I could tell I was somewhat dehydrated. By the time I was done with the run I felt like my brain was boiling.

More swimming on Friday, if I'm able to; my left eye has been bothering me a bit, and I haven't been able to put contacts in. I may just put my right contact in and swim cyclops-style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment