Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Intervals Make You A MAN

My legs were nice and sore all day Monday after the weekend's super-run. But did that stop me from doing bike intervals that afternoon? YOU BET YOUR SWEET ASS IT DIDN'T.



Unfortunately I hit the one stop light in the loop (between the 3 and 13 mile markers on the map) all four times I passed it, so the speed chart doesn't show nice even peaks and valleys the way it should. As someone who is OCD about data/statistics, this makes my eye twitch.

I did 5 intervals: 2:00 each with a heart rate around 170 with about 2:00 rest in between. 10 minutes warm-up and cool-down as well. My legs were aching after the first interval, and it was painful keeping my heart rate up, but I mustered up some HTFU and powered through. Average speed of 17.51 is my best yet, and I haven't truly pushed myself in a time trial type of ride yet. I'm tempted to do that before my tri in September, just to get a feel for how fast I can bike 12 miles. We'll see, I might do that instead of intervals one Monday in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment