Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sprinting

Lifted weights at lunch yesterday:

Bench Press: 3x12x145
Dumbbell Curls: 3x12x20
Pull-ups: 4 sets, 34 total

Hopped on the bike to try and beat the rain, and got 10.19 miles in the saddle. I had to stop about 5 times because of red lights and traffic, but despite this I was only 0.06 mph off my PR. In order to get back up to speed quickly after one red light I sprinted (standing up on the bike while pedaling), and got up to 28.9mph on flat ground. It helps that the tornado sirens were going off to warn golfers to leave the golf course, which gave me a greater sense of urgency.

I bought a bunch of new goodies yesterday: a heart rate monitor, some bike water bottles/holders, new toe socks, and a second cycling jersey. I'm excited to start using the heart rate monitor to train in specific zones.

Monday Lunch:
-Bowl of frosted mini wheats
-PB&J sandwich
-2 protein shakes (one with creatine)

Monday Dinner:
-2 glasses of chocolate milk
-2 glasses of milk
-3 beef tacos with cheese
-Cinnamon roll cake

No comments:

Post a Comment